Delivery - Furniture
Hampshire Furniture is committed to providing you with an efficient and secure delivery service. Free delivery is included to most addresses on the UK mainland. Orders are delivered to your front door (kerbside), or a downstairs room of choice, by our friendly and professional one-man Furniture delivery service. Most items of furniture will be delivered fully assembled, with the exception of some pieces with fragile parts. Two-man delivery is available for an additional charge, but automatically included with larger items. Details and costs may be found in the Xtras section of the website. Smaller items may be delivered by courier.
Our free delivery service is available to most mainland addresses in England, Wales and Scotland and applies to our standard 14-day delivery service only.
Unfortunately, due to additional courier charges, a surcharge of £60 applies to the following postcode areas in Scotland for all orders
A surcharge of £30 applies to the following postcode areas in England, Scotland and Wales for all orders
We currently are generally unable arrange any delivery outside mainland UK, as we cannot find any delivery companies to do it for us. However there are a few exceptions to this, so you are welcome to contact us to ask if it is possible. However there may be an additional charge for this. If there is any problem with a delivery, this has to be dealt with by the receiver, and we as the sender, find the receiver will expect us to deal with it. Unfortunately the insurance on the delivery is for the receiver and not the sender, and for this reason we are unable to deal with any claim.
However if you were able to arrange collection and delivery yourself it could be arranged on this basis.
We know that you’re eager to receive your new furniture, which is why we seek to ensure your goods are with you as soon as possible. Items that are in stock will be delivered within two weeks, unless it states a longer or shorter period on the product. Any items that are out of stock or made to order will have a longer lead time. Detailed information about an item's lead time is available on the product page.
The courier company, will contact you directly to confirm the exact delivery date with you. Deliveries are normally Monday to Friday. Weekend deliveries on occasion due occur, but are not automatically available. The courier company will contact you to arrange delivery of your order 2-3 days in advance, with a 2-3 hour delivery slot. Please ensure that you provide a phone number when ordering, so our courier company can contact you to schedule the delivery. Delivery updates on your order may also be available from the courier company, so please provide a mobile number if possible.
It is essential that someone is available to accept the products on the agreed delivery date as items cannot be left with a neighbour or in a garden shed. In order for us to continue offering this free service to our customers, we need to keep costs low. As a result we can only make one attempt at delivery. If you are unable to accept your items on the first attempt, a second delivery charge will be levied.
If you would like your furniture to be delivered sooner than the standard 14-day service, we can arrange a faster delivery service for you at extra cost. Please contact us for a quote before ordering. Some of our furniture can be delivered on a 7 working day service as standard if in stock.
- Please note that our insurance policy only covers delivery to your door and does not extend to moving furniture upstairs or inside the property. While our friendly drivers will be of assistance wherever possible, and will normally take your furniture into your downstairs room of choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused.
- All deliveries are one-man deliveries, except for some larger items.. The couriers we use are experienced furniture courier companies who are equipped to handle bulky items. However, please be aware that the driver may require assistance if access to your property is particularly difficult or is only accessible by stairs. If you feel it should be a two man delivery, there is an extra cost of the extra person. If it is available with the furniture you have ordered, it will be included with the collection, please add this to your cart.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that items delivered by our courier will fit through any access ways into or inside your property. Whilst we'll do our best to help, neither Hampshire Furniture or our courier can be held responsible for any access issues at your property.
- The standard, free delivery service does not include unpacking or assembly (partial assembly applies to some larger items only, for ease of transport and access). If you require these additional services, please contact us for a quote.
- In the unlikely event that you need to return an item, please note that furniture must be returned to us in a saleable condition and within the original packaging, in the condition they were provided. When unpacking your furniture, please therefore ensure that you un-wrap the furniture carefully to protect the packaging.
- Please note that if a delivery is confirmed and the delivery is missed due to no-one being available as agreed to accept the delivery, and the delivery company makes an additional charge. We will have to pass the charge onto you, prior to the delivery being attempted for a second time. If you choose to cancel the order instead, we will have the right to deduct the original delivery charge from your refund.
- On rare occasions, items may occasionally be delivered on a pallet. Pallets are only delivered kerbside, so please ensure that you make prior arrangements to move the furniture indoors.